Friday, May 30, 2008

Kill A Watt

Well the P3 Kill-A-Watt showed up today. Pretty nifty gadget. I ran around and checked a couple of appliances today. As a result of this, I am putting my main computer into standby mode after an hour, this change alone may save me 5$/month. I checked the other computers, and they were already automatically going to standby mode after a period of time, so no real gains there. The Tivo and satellite receiver consume about 47 watts together - these pretty much need to be on all the time. I have 2 of these, for a total of almost 100 watts going 24/7/365. Thats about $4.75/month. The stereo was taking about 30 watts as well, and we don' t use that one very often. I'll just manually turn that sucker off when we are not using it.

I have updated my spreadsheet to reflect these readings, but there is much more to be done.

No comments: